Vitas Hospice Hiring a Digital Marketing Manager
Back in December, we posted that Griswold Home Care was hiring a “Content Marketing Manager.” Now Vitas Hospice, the largest provider of hospice services in the United States is hiring a Director of Digital Marketing and a Coordinator of Digital Marketing. It’s a good thing too because their current website and social media presence leave a lot to be desired. Let’s see how these new positions will help the company transform their online presence.
Here’s the Job Description for the Director Position:
The Director is responsible for the successful development and management of digital and social media strategies and implementation for VITAS brands. He or she will manage and mentor members of the digital strategy team in applying industry best practices in online community management, and serve as the primary liaison between the team and the Chief Marketing Officer, also working closely with internal IT staff and other departments to achieve project goals and meet deadlines.
He or she understands consumer marketing, and has a passion for digital trends and innovation – combined with a sound understanding of consumers, business-to-business relationships, social media and brand management. In additional to digital expertise, proven experience in social media and of word-of-mouth marketing is required. This director manages departmental budgets, internal resources, and external vendors for digital initiatives and projects. As a member of the corporate marketing team, this person must be an experienced team player with excellent verbal, presentation and writing abilities in order to communicate effectively across multiple organizational entities and management levels.
- Healthcare marketing experience preferred
- Must have strong analytical and reporting skills
- Staff management/leadership experience, ability to mentor and develop talent
- Must possess a strong web production background (HTML and CSS experience plus programming languages like Cold Fusion, ASP, PHP and Java preferred).
- Strong knowledge of leading open source platforms
- Experience with social media and consumer-driven content such as web feeds, blogs, forums, real-time events and podcasts are a must.
- Extensive experience with pay-per-click, search engine optimization and search marketing (PPC/SEO/SEM).
- Experience in defining site architecture, layout and navigation
- Ability to draw business objectives and manage expectations of internal customers
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work under pressure, self-motivated, results-oriented, analytical, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to succeed in a demanding deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills, including ability to accurately gauge project duration, budget management, deliver on deadlines, and manage workloads with conflicting priorities.
Able to be current and updated on emerging technologies associated with a robust marketing and communication strategy reflective of a national leading healthcare organization.
BA degree in marketing, programming or IT-related field; MBA a plus